To become a North Star Therapy Animal member, you must have a current Pet Partners® registered animal. Please apply under Team Membership below.
Current members who no longer have a therapy animals partner should opt for the Individual Membership.
All Team Memberships require a current registration with the Pet Partners® program.
- You will need to submit a copy of your current Pet Partners® registration card to North Star Therapy Animals’ Membership Coordinator and pay your annual dues.
- The handler will need to meet with a new member mentor to complete a NSTA orientation session. This one-on-one meeting is designed to familiarize you with the programs we offer, how we can be of assistance to you, and answer any questions you may have.
- We ask that you agree to at least one (1) year of volunteering with NSTA, and suggest volunteering at least one (1) time per month (at the facility of your choice). We encourages you to report your hours each month (along with specific details) via our website.
- You are encouraged to attend at least two (2) NSTA group meetings per year. These meetings are designed to give everyone a chance to meet other NSTA members, keep everyone apprised of NSTA news and events, to provide educational opportunities, and allow time for questions and discussion. One of our meetings is an annual picnic held in September.
All participation at this level must be done without an animal partner.
Membership at this level allows individuals to attend NSTA volunteer meetings, access the members-only section of our website, to socialize and network with others who are involved in animal therapy, to participate in educational opportunities, and to offer assistance to the group.
- The individual will need to meet with a new member mentor to complete our orientation session. This one-on-one meeting is designed to familiarize you with the programs we offer and to answer any questions you may have.